Deed of Acknowledgment, Waiver of Liability and Voluntary Assumption of Risk (‘DEED’)
By using Road Bike Rental Japan’s hire bikes, equipment and services you accept, agree to and 'sign' Road Bike Rental Japan's Deed of Acknowledgment and Waiver of Liability, and Voluntary Assumption of Risk (‘DEED’).
At my request, Road Bike Rental Japan (hereafter "RBRJ" will permit me to hire a RBRJ supplied bicycle and associated equipment. If my rental request is accepted, I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use and effect of this Deed of Acknowledgment And Waiver of Liability, and Voluntary Assumption of Risk (the ‘Deed’).
I acknowledge that:
1. I am competent to perform a safety check, and will personally perform a safety check of the hire bicycle prior to my ride. This safety check includes (but is not limited to):
ii. Check brake release is in down position.
iii. Check shifting and break levers are sound.
iv. Check air and condition of tires.
v. Check wheels are sound.
vi. Check wheel quick-release is locked.
vii. Check chain and gear movement is sound.
viii. Check seat and seat post are secure.
ix. Check cables are not frayed.
x. Check front and rear lights are on before riding.
xi. Check helmet sound and adjusted for correct fit.
2. I am competent to safely ride the hire bicycle on Japanese roads and in an urban environment. I will operate the bicycle and equipment safely, only for its intended use, and strictly in accordance with the road code any other applicable laws and in accordance with any instructions whether advised by RBRJ or supplied with the bicycle or equipment.
3. I will wear all appropriate safety equipment at all times, including a bicycle helmet. I will not use cameras, portable music devices, phones or pagers while riding my hire bike. I will use the supplied front and rear light during my ride.
4. I take full responsibility for the maintenance and safe-keeping of the hire bike and equipment during my bike hire, including during the collection period proceeding and after my hire. I authorize RBRJ to charge my nominated credit card to recover costs associated with the loss, theft, or damage of hired equipment at current Japanese recommended retail prices.
5. I understand and acknowledge the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance before or during any cycling activity. I am not under the effect of alcohol or drugs. I am in good health and do not suffer from any cardio-vascular, respiratory, musculo-skeletal or other medical conditions which may be affected by riding a bicycle.
6. I am over 18 years of age.
7. I am taller than 120cm and my body weight is under the maximum advised limit for the bike I have chosen to hire.
8. That this Deed serves as a warning that cycling is an inherently dangerous recreational activity, presenting a great number of risks, such as the risk of falling, colliding with other riders or vehicles, encountering hidden obstacles or varying terrain, or the risk of injury or death from any failure of the bicycle or any of its components.
9. By signing this Deed, I agree that I voluntarily and expressly assume all the risks associated with hire and use of the bicycle and associated equipment and services supplied by RBRJ, including the risk of serious injury or death.
10. I understand, warrant, agree to and accept that there are inherent risks of injury involved in using the equipment hired and where such injury arises I will indemnify and keep indemnified RBRJ, its employees, affiliates and agents from all actions, suits, claims for damage and demands for personal injury, loss or damage sustained by myself or any person named in these terms and conditions or any third (3rd) party.